- 100g (1 slab) dark chocolate, shaved into small pieces
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Amarula, brandy, or Frangelico
- 2 tbsp (30ml) castor sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cream
- 100g Boudoir biscuits
- ½ cup (125ml) strong coffee, cooled
- cocoa powder, to dust
- 2 strawberries, to serve (optional)
- Mix the mascarpone, brandy, Frangelico or Amarula and sugar together.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form and gently fold through the Mascarpone.
- Spoon a dollop of into each of 2 x 250ml serving glasses.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave down the long side of the chocolate bar to make chocolate shavings.
- Keep some aside as garnish.
- Sprinkle a layer on top of the Mascarpone mixture in the glasses.
- Quickly dip some of the biscuits in the coffee and place on top of the chocolate layer.
- Repeat layers ending with a layer of Mascarpone.
- Cover and set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- Dust the tiramisus with cocoa powder and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Serve with a single strawberry.
Source of recipe: Sent to my by a friend.
© Marie Rebelle