- 2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup (240 cc) of sugar (can easily use 3/4 cup, or drop it down to 1/2 cup if you want it less sweet)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch (6,5 x 20 cm) loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes (check at 50 minutes) at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Remove the banana bread from the pan.
- Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.)
© Marie Rebelle